I get not tired to repeat: al-Ḥaddād copied many thinks from a Faz print.
allah without written /ā/ is most striking.
كلمة in 7:137 is remarkable too. ad-Ḍabbāʿ writes ت; the Libyian muṣḥaf has ت, but all Warš copies and the two Tunisian Qālūn maṣāḥif have ـة. I don't see a compelling reason for the 1952 change. ad-Dānī does not mention the Kufan muṣḥaf, the one ʿĀṣim follows.
You might say: "These are just 16 manuscripts, probably there are 16 others with tāʾ." I looked at the manuscripts, in which Marijn van Putten found niʿmah and niʿmat, raḥmah and raḥmat in iḍāfah/status constructus, and I found only one form.
Okay, ad-Dānī says: "-t", and Ibn Naǧāḥ: "-h"
So it should be "-h" =
aḍ-Ḍabbāʿ's reason is this:
In view of the old manuscripts I say: al-Ḥaddād is right, and aḍ-Ḍabbāʿ is wrong.
And I am not astonished seeing that in all Warš maṣāḥif only the one with his seal of approval (left middle, with the verse number) writes /waliyyiya/ (7:196) with a normal tooth (with the normal stroke instead with a straight stroke afterwards) for the gemminated yāʾ: only the Algerian print supervised by the chief reciter of Egypt does not "know" that it does not belong to the rasm.
‒
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
maṣāḥif by and for Murids (Senegal)
I know three maṣāḥif by Murids, two in colour, two in seven volumes, one in 30 parts. The colour muṣḥaf in 30 parts was printed in Bologn...
-
40 years ago Adrian Alan Brockett submitted his Ph.D. to the University of St.Andrews: Studies in Two Transmissions of the Qurʾān . Now...
-
It is common knowledge that the King Fuʾād Edition of the Ḥafṣ qirāʾa was an immediate success in the Muslim world. Common knowledge, but...
-
There are many false assertions about the King Fuʾād Edition: that it is type printed ‒ it is type set, but offset printed that it ...























No comments:
Post a Comment