I have read that the Taj Comp. Ltd. changed the Indian verse numbering by adopting the Verse numbers from the KFE.
I can't confirm this. The Naval Kishore prints have already the same Kufan system as has Istanbul and Cairo.
Yes, Pickthall had 18:18 split after "treshhold" (ۚج or ط )
but that was not all-Indian practice.
But in 1935 something happened in Lahore: the Anǧuman-i Ḥimāyat-i Islām brachte zum 50 Jahr ihrer Gründung einen "fehlerfrien" Koran heraus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lahore, India 1935 (AHI: Anǧuman-i Ḥimāyat-i Islām)
I have read that the Taj Comp. Ltd. changed the Indian verse numbering by adopting the Verse numbers from the KFE. I can't confirm this...
-
40 years ago Adrian Alan Brockett submitted his Ph.D. to the University of St.Andrews: Studies in Two Transmissions of the Qurʾān . Now...
-
It is common knowledge that the King Fuʾād Edition of the Ḥafṣ qirāʾa was an immediate success in the Muslim world. Common knowledge, but...
-
There are many false assertions about the King Fuʾād Edition: that it is type printed ‒ it is type set, but offset printed that it ...
No comments:
Post a Comment